"You know, a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down, in the most delight-ful way!"
I call bullshit on you, Mary Freaking Poppins.
His liquid medicine goes in chocolate milk. With a straw. Every day a straw, like a special occasion. Three tiny little milliliters of medicine, a cup or so of chocolate milk. His capsule full of little round white balls of helping you focus gets poured into the middle of a spoonful of chocolate pudding and then covered up with more chocolate pudding.
You can't taste the medicine. Trust me, I've tried it myself just to make sure. And this kid loves chocolate. You would think that getting to have chocolate milk and chocolate pudding every single morning of your life would be all like WHEEEE, AWESOME! CHOCOLATE! for a six year old boy.
Not my six year old boy.
I guess the official term is "not medication-compliant." I've begun to think of it more as holy hell you stubborn little turd, take your freaking medicine already, i've been trying to put it in you for half an hour and i'm out of patience and late for work and out of things to take away from you and you know some children have to SWALLOW PILLS or TAKE SHOTS to get THEIR medication fercryingoutloud, and all you have to do is EAT CHOCOLATE FOR GOD'S SAKE and oh my god i'm going to LOSE MY MIND.
Is there some point at which this actually becomes funny and we can tell stories about it at his wedding? Because right now it is NOT FUNNY AT ALL unless I pretend its happening to somebody else. In which case it would be funny, so naturally I forgive you for laughing at my pain.